Your Personal Information
Why? Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
What? The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social security number
- Account balances
- Payment history
- Checking account information
- Overdraft history
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
How? All financial companies need to share customers' personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers' personal information, the reasons Cornerstone Financial Credit Union chooses to share, and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons We Can Share Your Personal Information||Do We Share?||Can You Limit This Sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes –
such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes –
to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||No||N/A|
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes –
information about your transactions and experiences
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes –
information about your creditworthiness
|For our affiliates to market to you||No||N/A|
What We Do
How does Cornerstone Financial Credit Union protect my information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you.
How does Cornerstone Financial Credit Union collect my information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Open an account or deposit or withdraw from your account
- Apply for a loan or provide account information
- Give us your income information
We also collect your personal information from others such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can I not limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. (See Other Important Information below for more on your rights under state law.)
- Affiliates – Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. Cornerstone Financial Credit Union does not share with affiliates.
- Non‑Affiliates – Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. Cornerstone Financial Credit Union does not share with non-affiliates.
- Joint Marketing – A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. Cornerstone Financial Credit Union does not jointly market.
Other Important Information
In accordance with state law, Cornerstone Financial Credit Union will not share information we collect about state residents with companies outside of Cornerstone Financial Credit Union, except as permitted by law, such as legal processes or as required to service your account. We will limit sharing within our company to the extent required by applicable state law.
Online Privacy Statement
Cornerstone Financial Credit Union realizes the importance of protecting the privacy of its members. It is our goal to protect personal information in every method of contact with members, whether it is in a branch, at one of our ATMs, on the telephone, or on the Internet.
We value your safety and security. For this reason we will never contact you by email or phone and ask you to supply private or personal information. Do not respond to any email that asks you for this information. If you are contacted by phone, do not respond, but call us directly. If you feel that you have been victimized, please call us immediately so that we may take immediate and effective steps to protect your account.
Information Collected Automatically Through Our Website
Cornerstone Financial Credit Union collects information only in instances where we feel it will be of assistance in providing members with quality service. Cornerstone Financial Credit Union routinely collects information used to create summary statistics in determining ways to improve online services. Information collected is vital to identifying system performance and/or problematic areas. No information that identifies a member personally is automatically collected.
Information Collected Through Email and Web Forms
When personally identifiable information is submitted, such as email correspondence containing a question or comment, we use the supplied information to fulfill or respond to request(s) as well as provide members with superior quality service. This information is also stored for reference when making improvements and/or adjustments to our website and online services. It should be noted that email is a form of communication that is not entirely within a secure environment. Please visit Cornerstone Financial Credit Union branches in person to relay any information that may contain sensitive personal information. Submitted applications do take place in a secure environment and are delivered via PGP encrypted email delivery and are generally more secure than typical email delivery.
Use of Information
Cornerstone Financial Credit Union will not provide, sell, or share your personal information to any nonaffiliated third party for independent use. We share member information only in one of the following circumstances: you authorize it; you have requested a transaction requiring it; we are reporting your information to a credit reporting agency; or we are required or permitted by law to disclose such information. Information is shared with affiliated organizations when involving products and/or services of value to members, which would otherwise not be available through the Credit Union. Additionally, to preserve vital member information, employees of Cornerstone Financial Credit Union sign agreements at the time of hire to maintain the secrecy of proprietary information.
Ensuring members have secure digital banking experiences is a priority. Top-level security is achieved by protecting member privacy and confidentiality of communications to and from Cornerstone Financial Credit Union.
Several security provisions are in place by our digital banking providers to protect all sensitive data from direct access to the Internet. The following measures are employed:
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Encryption provides a secure channel for data transmission across computer networks using public key cryptography.
- Two-part Password Protection to ensure even greater security.
- User Options allow account holders to change passwords as desired.
- Firewalls and Redundant Screening/Filtering Routers are gateways that verify the source, destination, and protocol of each data packet before it is sent.
- Compliance with an SAS 70 Audit, performed by one of the Big 6 Accounting Firms.
- An independent firm is employed to routinely perform security testing to ensure there are no problems in our security procedure.
Questions and Comments