What is Regulation D?
Federal Banking Regulation D places limitations on the number of certain types of withdrawals and transfers which may be made per month from a savings account. Account owners are permitted up to 6 total of any combination of savings withdrawal and transfer transactions within a calendar month. Any transaction thereafter will be restricted until the following month.
What transactions are subject to Reg D limitations?
- Transactions through Online and Mobile Banking
- Transactions made by telephone, fax, or email
- Preauthorized or automatic withdrawals and transfers
- Overdraft transfers from a savings account
What transactions are not subject to Reg D limitations?
- Transactions made in person at a Cornerstone branch
- Transactions made through an ATM
- Transactions made through the mail
If you typically make several small transfers from your savings account to your checking account, you may want to consider making one large transfer to cover your need for the month.
How can I avoid the Reg D limit?
- Open a checking account if you do not have one with Cornerstone Financial Credit Union
- Use your checking account for the majority of your withdrawals and debits
- Keep more funds in your checking account so fewer transfers from savings are required
Please contact us if you have additional questions about Regulation D and how it affects you.